The service announced it will continue to provide regularly scheduled services, including buses and trains.
DALLAS — Despite the icy conditions, Dallas Area Rapid Transit announced Tuesday they would continue providing transportation services through the severe weather.
These services include regularly scheduled bus, train and GoLink services.
“Due to the severe weather across the region, there is the possibility of service delays,” DART stated in a news release. “DART Operations teams remain in place throughout the service area to respond to weather impacts to service.”
DART also said to allow additional travel time to reach destinations and recommend avoiding travel if possible.
Those wishing to stay informed on potential service changes can do so by signing up for DART Service Alerts.
DART also stated its paratransit service will only be performing dialysis or medically related trips through Wednesday, with services resuming on Thursday.
Site Specific Shuttle Service
- Baylor Shuttle: Service has been canceled for today. One shuttle will be in operation on Wednesday.
- Galatyn Park Shuttle (Bus Route 408): Wednesday service has been canceled.
- Medical City Shuttle (Bus Route 412): Evening service has been canceled. Service for Wednesday to be determined.
- McKinney Avenue Transit Authority (MATA): Operating as scheduled.
- Southwestern Medical District Shuttles (Bus Routes 422 and 423): Operating as scheduled.
- SMU Express (Bus Route 440): Service canceled today and Wednesday.
- TI Shuttle (Bus Route 417): Providing limited on-call service.
- TRE Link (Bus Route 31): Wednesday service has been canceled.
- UTD Comet Cruiser (Bus Route 883): Service has been canceled this evening. Service will be available tomorrow between 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. DART Bus Routes 232 and 240 are also available for customers.
- West Dallas Circuit: Wednesday service has been canceled.
To help with travel planning and staying warm, the following DART transit centers will be staying open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Addison Transit Center
- CBD East Transfer Center
- CBD West Transfer Center
- Cockrell Hill Transfer Location
- Downtown Garland Station
- Downtown Irving/Heritage Crossing Station
- Illinois Station
- J.B. Jackson Jr. Transit Center/MLK Jr. Station
- Ledbetter Station
- Parker Road Station
- South Garland Transit Center
And these transit centers and stations will be open from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Lake June Station
- Lake Ray Hubbard Transit Center
- Hampton Station
- EBJ Union Station
- Red Bird Transit Center
- Arapaho Center Station
- Cockrell Hill Transfer Location
- Bernal/Singleton Transfer Location
Trinity Metro announced it would be continuing services in Fort Worth Wednesday as well, pending no changes to the weather.
“Trinity Metro TEXRail and Trinity Railway Express (TRE) will operate on regular weekday schedules, but passengers may experience weather related delays.
Trinity Metro ACCESS paratransit will provide life-sustaining trips as planned.
Trinity Metro ZIPZONE will operate as planned. Customers are asked to check vehicle availability in the mobile app well in advance of the time of their trip.”
Rider alerts to changes to train and bus lines can be received by signing up here.
Original Source: http://rssfeeds.wfaa.com/~/726040559/0/wfaa/home~DART-continuing-service-through-winter-weather
Leave a Reply